![]()
As some of you may already have noticed, the system of comments here on this site has changed, as of late last night. Prior to last night that we use a 3rd party, called Intense debate system.
Thanks to a same kind and honest player, I was made at night last aware of a major vulnerability with Intense debate. I won't go into details, but drive had accidentally discovered a big problem, and he had screenshots and further proof concrete question, he found. As soon as I checked what was said in the e-mail and thanked the gent who sent it to me, I disabled and deleted Intense debate entirely from the site.
We used an Intense debate because it offered some nice features not available to the system of standard WordPress - comment as the opportunity for commentators login with OpenID or Facebook credentials. Unfortunately, the system has always had some issues - and whenever I sought help on one of them I was facing epically, unique, horribly bad support. I could write a post of five pages on just extraordinarily terrible how their support has always, but it is not worth.
So... it is quite likely you see here use Intense debate once again. I returned to just WordPress comments system standard for the moment. I tried to make things a little less painful by requiring is not one any registration or login to this site - all you need to do to publish a comment is enter a name and an email address.
I will begin soon for plug-in do comments still more easy. I am sorry to change suddenly and inconvenient-, but given the nature of the discovered security vulnerabilities and the appalling lack of support offered by Intense debate, I had really no choice.
I hope that you all will be with the change and keep large entry comments.
If that you enjoyed this post, make sure that you subscribe to my RSS feed!
No comments:
Post a Comment