![]()
Things is one of my favorite applications and essential record - to track tasks on my iPhone and Mac iPad. I spoke a bit recently about how I would like to see the application to add on-line (wire) sync for its feature set and even criticized its developers (code culture) to communicate more with users on the State of progress in the development of this feature.
If I was very happy to see a new blog post at the site of the earlier this week - entitled State synchronization - code part 1. This is a position that tackles head-on - concerns of users on the lack of communication on this topic and offers great insight on their approach to the addition of this new feature of big.
The ticket blog goes into a good amount of detail about the challenges that face the code in the development of online synchronization solution they want to offer. It is also - as its title implies - the first in a promised series of posts that will get more details on the upcoming solution:
With what will be the next series of blog posts, I will not only look back to give an idea of what it's like when a software company is worrying - but I will also share some details about the technology that will be underlying our solution and what it means for our users.
Towards the end of the blog post, Jurgen (author of the post) reveals a little on the current state of play concerning the development of OTA synchronization:
Before closing this section, I would like to give a blow of quick look where we are at the right now: we created and deployed server and synchronization components client-side. The two components are completely General and can be used for any application. They have tested successfully with a special demo program. We are now in the process of integrating this technology things.
The final synchronization of clouds of objects is always out of a few months. But we intend to publish more details about what are doing (and did) all a few weeks.
For me, seeing this post is very good news from several angles. Firstly, it is very pleasant to see everything just a general timetable for when we could attend cloud sync, a few months. It is also very good to see culture code talk to their users on this subject and share a large part of what is involved in deciding the right solution for this essential functionality and describes their approach. I look forward to their series of posts on this subject - and based on the first, I have a good feeling about their solution being a value expected.
Discover their position here:
http://CulturedCode.com/Things/Blog/2010/12/State-of-sync-part-1.html
If you enjoyed this post, make sure that you subscribe to my RSS feeds! Tagged as: things in the code
No comments:
Post a Comment